Tuesday 4 February 2014

Beginning of a story, where would you take it?

I have done some doodling, just a beginning of a chapter. There was no plan when I sat down I just wrote what ever came into my head. Here it is and where would you take it.

Dave was sitting on the edge of his seat now. He could feel the backs of his thigh
s tightening and made a conscious effort to sit back and relax. Laying back in the corporate, faux leather chair he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
“Ahhh!” came out almost silently , but enough to lighten the feeling of dread just a little. “Mr Harris will see you now” said the gorgeous willowy secretary who looked up at him with disdain. I am glad I am not the poor sod that has to try and keep her happy he thought as he walked to the office of Mr Sam Harris, managing director of Glowfish enterprises.
“Morning Sam” he said, without the slightest tremble in his voice. His nerves gone now
“Whats fucking good about it?” the delightful Mr Harris replied.
“Well hopefully we can do a deal to make us both a lot of money, thats a good start isn’t it”
“No it fucking isn’t” came back at him with venom.
“Spit it out and be fucking quick about it, I am very busy today and seeing your face this early in the day is upsetting me”
Jeez thought Dave. I know he’s usually grumpy in the morning but this will be a challenge.
"Well Mr Harris," he said, thinking that maybe a bit of respect may cool the grumpy old bastard a little.
"Take a look at this." Dave opened the briefcase and walked towards Sams desk.
"What the fucking hell is that?"
"This," said Dave "is the answer to every womans prayers and also a passport to a lot of money for both of us."
"Meet the?"

No comments:

Post a Comment